Thursday, July 20, 2006

When You Try Your Best But You Don't Succeed.

So.

As it turns out, unless the Force directly intervenes, I probably won't be going to WVU this fall.

WVU refuses to recognize me as independent from my parents and also refuses to recognize Konnor as being dependent on me.

They don't want to recognize my two-year-old son as being dependent on me.

Nor a twenty-two-year-old single dad as being independent from his folks who live two hours away.

As such, they couldn't give me the financial aid I needed to attend and my folks can't afford to send me.

I wonder what will become of my life. I fear that my life is falling woefully short of fulfilling. I wanted so very badly to accomplish something with my life, to serve so higher purpose. Greater than myself. I wonder if that will ever happen.

I would rather die than be mediocre, but I fear I am destined for mediocracy.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hey man,

You are not destined to mediocrity. You are destined to a life of service and obedience to the true King. As a friend of mine recently told me. Five years from now, the circumstances that seem currently life defining will be a memory, and the one thing that will really matter is how much we have grown in trusting the Lord.

You are growing in trust right now. Hang in there my friend. And who knows what God is trying to do in you through this experience.

I remember this movie about a guy who wanted to leave his home to join an academy, but he wasn't able to do that. Instead, there were different and unexpected plans for him that he would have never experienced if he would have had his way initially.

6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home